About US: LegalEase Solutions and the legal industry
Legal professionals are problem-solvers and innovators, willing to assume new responsibilities,
tackle new challenges, master new technology and navigate an ever-evolving legal system.
Today, technology is rapidly transforming the way law is practiced. Lawyers are changing the
way justice is defined. This dynamic legal landscape makes each day unique and fosters an
enjoyable, fulfilling work experience.
LegalEase Solutions is a pioneer legal solutions company founded in Ann Arbor, MI with offices
in Chennai, Cochin and now in Bangalore. We continue to solve problems, innovate solutions,
services and we are actively changing the way conversations are had in the legal industry. We
are a brand to reckon with providing legal solutions for our clients be it legal analytics, contract
management, legal operations or compliance.
We are 80% women employees, 90% diverse workforce, and 100% customer-centric company..
Designation : Associate/Senior Associate - Contract Drafting
Experience (years): 3-4 years reviewing/drafting and negotiating contracts in the corporate or business context.
No: of vacancies: 1
Location : Remote ( work from home)
Working Timing: 1:30 PM to 10:30 PM IST
Workdays: Monday to Friday
- Drafting contracts ( Saas, Software, other types)
- Review of contracts on client and counter party paper and redline based on the client playbook
- Effective written communication skills enabling negotiation and finalization of contracts with attorneys based in the US
- Critical thinking through the process to identify improvements, checklists and reengineer the process if required.
LegalEase is an ISMIS certified company.
LegalEase Information Security Role, Responsibilities & Authority of an Employee are
To ensure that all the information they handle is secure.
- Responsible to follow all the information security policies, procedures, rules and regulations as stipulated in the manuals.
- Responsible to take immediate action to prevent any undesirable situations and report to the officers.
- Responsible to take part in their assigned role in the event of an emergency situation.
To report any security incident or weaknesses, which comes to their knowledge.
Responsible to follow the rules and regulations and move within the area specified.
Responsible to obey the instructions for all the officers and staff regarding the work and in emergency situations.
Responsible to report any undesirable incidents.
Why join LegalEase?
- A work culture that celebrates and encourage diversity
- A workspace imbued with empathy and purpose
- We believe in continuous learning. You will walk away acquiring more skills than you had when you joined us (this is a guarantee on us)
- We value transparency, flexibility and over responsiveness
- A daily 30-minute wellness session coz your mental wellness means a lot to us!
- We are constantly striving to improve the work-life blend
- We believe in FUN at work. We take this very seriously and have FUN as one of our core values.
Criteria for you to secure this job:
- It goes without saying- You need to have a law degree!
- 4+ Years’ experience working for in house corporate legal departments as a reviewer with experience negotiating contracts.
- Expert in interpreting contracts and its terms.
- Effective contract drafting skills with minimal training and the ability to coach others.
- Experienced in using at-least 1-2 contract management tools.
- Preference for contract experience with US/UK based clients
- Brownie points if you have used a CLM( contract lifecycle management tool)
- Personal qualities like great communication, creative thinking, excellent written skills count for more than formal qualifications in this job.
- It also helps if you have:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and telephone skills
- Poise and patience under pressure
- Ability to analyze business opportunities and read situations well
- A positive attitude and energy like a dynamite!
- Plenty of initiative and multi-tasking ability
- An accommodative mindset. With a global team, we would love someone who is flexible.
Contact715A, 7th Floor, Spencer Plaza, Mount Road, Anna Salai, Chennai 600002 Operating Office: 63/525 A1, Plackattu Colony, Kaloor-Kadavanthra Road, Ernakulam Village, Kannayannur Taluk.